Last Revised: October 5, 2018
In so doing, Stops embraces the users clear, inalienable rights as described by the EU’s GDPR: 1) The right to be informed, 2) The right to access, 3) The right to rectification, 4) The right to erasure, 5) The right to restrict processing, 6) The right to data portability, 7) The right to object, and 8) Rights related to automated decision making and profiling.
1. Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
FOR AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, PROCESSING, TRANSFER AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE US WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND THAT SUCH INFORMATION IS VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED TO US.
2. Which information we may collect on our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information from our Users:
A. Non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from whom we have collected the Non-personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which does not enable identification of an individual User, and which is available to us when such User is entering and/or using the App. Non-personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information, behavioral information and aggregated information, and may contain, among other things, the activity of the User on the App, type of operating system, User’s ‘click-stream’ or searches on the App, type and version of browser, keyboard language, screen resolution, traffic source, etc., etc.
B. Personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information identifies, or may with reasonable effort identify an individual, or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature:
- Users of the App automatically provide their IP address (or Mac Address, as applicable) mainly for enhancing the User’s experience and security purposes as further detailed below.
- In addition, Personal Information which is being gathered consists of any personal details provided consciously and voluntarily by the User:
- When opening an Account, Users are required to provide the following details: full name, nickname (user name), e-mail address, password, telephone number and birth date.
- Personal Information may be collected from the details the User may provide us while contacting us via the support e-mail address available on the App (such as full name and phone number),
- Users may provide us with Personal Information which may be included in the User Generated Content uploaded to the App and which may be made public, including any information you provide when you create or share, and message or communicate with other Users in Cubes. For example: photos, Pixel-Tags, messages and communications, text, video, geographical location etc.
- You may use the App to privately communicate with other Users and we will store and process such communications and information related thereto (note that although such communications are private in nature, recipients may copy and re-share such communications, therefore discretion is advised).
- When uploading photos and Pixel-Tagging photos, the location where the photo was taken and the location of the element Pixel-Tagged in the photo will be appended to the Pixel Tag and photo (either automatically or by manually typing your location). We may also determine your location while using the App by using data from your device, such as GPS, wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. Please note that the location of your Pixel-Tags and the location where the photos you uploaded to the App were taken will be visible to other Users. In addition, certain Cubes may enable members of that Cube to view the location of other members of that Cube (as is set in the Cube’s definitions by the Cube Creator).
- We may also determine your location while using the App by using data from your device, such as GPS, wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your IP address. Please note that the location of your Pixel-Tags and the location where the photos you uploaded to the App were taken will be visible to other Users you specifically share with. In addition, certain Cubes may enable members of that Cube to view the location of other members of that Cube (as is set in the Cube’s definitions by the Cube Creator).
- We also collect content and information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you, such as when they share a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
- We collect information about the Users, Cubes and Pixel-Tags you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the Users you communicate with the most or the Cubes you like to share with.
- We collect contact information you provide if you upload, sync or import this information from a device.
- In addition, our authorized third party service providers may collect User’s advertising identifiers. We note that we may collect, use and provide access to the User’s advertising identifier in accordance with the applicable platform provider’s policies.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How Do We Collect Information on Our Users?
There are three main methods that we use:
A. We collect information through your installation entry and use of the App.
In other words, when you are using the App and Services we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
B. We collect information which you may, at your discretion, provide us voluntarily.
For example, we collect Personal Information when you, at your discretion, decide to provide us when opening an Account and/or when contacting us via the support e-mail. We may also collect Personal Information when you register and open an Account through your Social Network Account. When registering through your Social Network Account, you agree to grant us access to Personal Information stored in your Social Network Account, as detailed above. You may also choose to upload and sync your address book so that we can help you find and connect with Users you know or help other users find and connect with you.
C. We collect content and information that third parties provide when they use our Services.
We may receive information about you from other Users, such as information Users share or disclose about you, including when they share a photo of you, Pixel-Tag you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information. In addition, Our ad partners and affiliates may share information with us such as online-identifiers or cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), as well as demographic or interest data and content viewed or actions taken on other websites and/or app. These ad partners may utilize cookies, pixels or other technologies to collect and use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., hashed data, click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits in our App and other websites and apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you.
We may gather, collect and store the Personal Information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers as detailed below.
4. What are the Purposes of the Collection of Information?
We collect Non-personal Information in order to:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Use it for statistical and research purposes and for customization and improvement of our App and Service and enable future commercial related services.
- Enhance the User’s experience while using the App and Services.
- Learn about the preferences of Users and general trends on and uses of the Services.
- Our authorized third party service providers may collect Non-personal information, such as Advertisement ID, for the purpose of providing you targeted advertisements based on your interest.
We collect Personal Information in order to:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Enable current and future commercial related services.
- When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, like helping you to find local information and Users and sharing information with other Users.
- Provide and personalize our Services to our Users.
- Create tailor suggestions with respect to Pixel-Tagging.
- Improve our advertising
- Verify the User’s identity when he/she signs into the Service.
- Be able to reply to the User’s support requests or other question concerning the App and/or the Services.
- Be able to inform you and propose to you our products and services which may interest you and to send to you other marketing material, transmitted to you through the App.
- Send push notifications to the User’s device. Users can deactivate notification by changing their settings within our App.
- Enable the User to use the Social Features.
- Enhance the security and safety of the Services;
- Determine geo-location information from which the User’s mobile device or computer is connected to the Internet in order to render the Services, for statistical purposes as well as in order to safeguard our Services.
- To improve our advertising systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services and assess the effectiveness and reach of such ads.
- Conduct data and system analytics, including research to improve the Services. In these circumstances Stops shall to the extent possible use de-identified or aggregated data.
5. How to Access and/or Rectify your Personal Data
At any time, you can log into the Settings area of our application and access or update your personal data. If, for any reason, you do not have accessibility to this information, you may contact us via email at email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible to help you resume access and/or recify your data for you.
Stops does not disclose your location to anyone unless you have specifically requested or opted-in for doing so, in accordance with all upcoming GDPR standards.
7. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
Stops will NEVER share your personal information with any third party without your explicit consent.
It should be noted that our Services are designed and intended to enable our Users to connect and share geo-based content with others, in the following ways:
- Communications with other Users – when you Pixel-Tag, upload User Generated Data, share and communicate using our Services, including by Cubes and Messenger, such data is shared with other Users. Although it is your choice to send photos to or message Users, please take caution when determining whether to share specific information in public Cubes which are to anyone on our Services and may be seen or accessed through online search engines and offline media. In addition, note that some Users you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with other Users and/others off our Services, even if you shared this information on a private Cube or via the Messenger.
- Third Party Sharing of Identity – other people may use our Services to share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people may share a photo of you, pixel-tag you at a location or publish information about you.
Stops will only share Personal Information it collects to the extent that such disclosure is required for operating the Services offered via the App.
For avoidance of doubt, Stops may use, transfer and disclose Non-personal Information to third parties at its sole discretion.
We take reasonable measures to maintain the security and integrity of our App and prevent unauthorized access to it or use thereof through generally accepted industry standard technologies and internal procedures. The Personal Information is hosted with reputable cloud-hosting vendors, such as Amazon Cloud servers which provide advanced strict security standards (both physical and logical). In addition we employ highly secure services design and implementation using encryption and architectures mechanisms. Please note, however, that there are inherent risks in transmission of information over the Internet or other methods of electronic storage and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access or use will never occur. STOPS SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSIONS OR FAILURE TO STORE OR THE THEFT, DELETION, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, OR LOSS OF ANY DATA OR INFORMATION.
9. Hack Policy
If for any reason we determine that our database has been hacked and your private information has been compromised, we will inform you immediately within 72-hours by one or more of the following ways: 1) email and/or SMS, whichever we have on record; 2) through a public post on our website; 3) through a press release.
10. Deletion or Modification of Personal Information
If for any reason you wish to delete or modify your Personal Information you can do so within your Account area.
Once you exercise your ‘right to be forgotten’ and delete your account, we will retain your information for 48 hours. If, within that allotted time, you show remorse and elect to stop the deletion process by logging into your online account and stopping the delete process, your account will be fully restored.
GDPR policies also require us to provide you with a way to export your data. This option too is provided within your online account.
If you have any troubles with deleting your account or exporting your details,, you may always emails us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to assist you.
Note that unless otherwise explicitly specified and/or unless you instruct us otherwise, we may retain your Personal Information for as long as reasonably required for the purposes of which such Personal Information was collected, all as permitted under any applicable privacy laws.
Aggregated and/or anonymous information derived from your use of the App or Services may remain on our servers indefinitely.
11. Third Party Service Providers
12. International Data Transfer
With your explicit consent in the form of an easy-to-read button and description of the action, we may transfer information collected about you, including Personal Information, to affiliated entities, or to other third party service provides (as provided herein) across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may transfer such information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and you consent to such transfer of information.
13. Social Features
All the information contained in such advertisements and commercials belongs solely to the advertisers and the Company makes no warranties or representations in respect of such, whether or not the Company has control over such advertisements or commercials and these are provided on an “AS IS” basis. In any event, the Company will not be liable for any damage or loss incurred to you as a result of or in connection with such advertisements or commercials. The Company, advertisers and/or related third-parties may be entitled to certain shares of the earnings for such advertisements and/or commercials. You agree, acknowledge and consent that no right, title or interest is or shall be granted to you in any way with respect to any revenue share whatsoever in relation thereto.
15. Cookies & Local Storage
17. Direct Marketing
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details you provided us with (including, without limitation, e-mail address and phone number) for the purpose of providing you commercial and/or non-commercial materials related to our current and/or future products and services and in order to inform you regarding competitions we may hold. You may withdraw your consent by sending a written notice to Stops’s e-mail address appears in the App or alternatively follow the instructions for removing yourself from the mailing list which are available in the message transmitted to you.
The App is intended for Users aged sixteen (16) or older. Therefore, Stops does not intend and does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under this age. We reserve the right to request proof of age at any stage so that we can verify that minors under this age are not using the App.
19. Data Protection Officer
Mr. Nathan Akimov, email@example.com, +972-58-652-4893
20. Got any Questions?